What do you think is the future of mobility?
We invite coders, designers and businesspeople
, anyone who constantly has new ideas popping up in their heads and who wishes to create a new future, to join us between 19 and 21 October
at the first Mobility Hackathon Start:up Maribor
and Slovenian Avant2go
are only a few of the services that are fundamentally changing the way we move, travel and live. But the mentioned services are only the beginning. Become part of the change and co design the future!
In three days of intense work, socialising and fun, the formed teams will develop innovative solutions from the field of mobility, based on modern technologies of artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, blockchain etc.
60 chosen individuals
will participate at the event! Together with the Venture Factory team, representatives of established companies and excellent mentors
, you will develop and prototype breakthrough ideas for solutions in the field of mobility. At the end of the hackathon, you will pitch the ideas for solutions to an expert jury, and contend for attractive prizes
and an invitation for further collaboration with event partners. It’s important to emphasize that all potential intellectual property remains in the possession of the teams that develop and pitch the solutions.
Submit your application now and become part of the mobility revolution!
Mobility industry – an industry of opportunity
Over the past decade, strong economic, social and technological trends transformed mobility into one of the liveliest industries. New sharing economy and pay-per-use business models, along with developing technology in the field of AI, IoT, new materials, power cells and electric motors, all on the wings of accelerated urbanization and environmental awareness, are significantly changing the mobility of people and things.
What kind of ideas are we looking for at the hackathon?
Mobility is an incredibly broad area, so the hackathon organizers are limiting their choice of ideas depending on the technology they’re based on and the industry they’re encroaching upon. What is important to us is how the idea will improve the mobility of people, items or services.
A mobile app for borrowing e-bikes or an algorithm based on machine vision and analysis of big amounts of data, enabling item recognition and usage in autonomous vehicles, are similarly convincing. Let your creativity run wild!
Based on initial presentations, we will choose a maximum of 15 ideas/teams
at the hackathon. A team consists of between 3 and 5 members.
5 reasons to participate
- Incredible progress and development of your idea in a very short amount of time.
- Possibility to co-create innovations in the field of mobility through collaboration on projects by hackathon partners.
- Possibility of developing a POC prototype with hackathon partners.
- Possibility of business collaboration with hackathon partners.
- Attractive prizes.
- Three-day all-inclusive Mobility Pioneers package in Munich for two members of the winning team. The package includes participation at the event Mobility Pioneers, which will take place on 7 February 2019 in Munich, as well as the transportation, accommodation and meetings with relevant stakeholders from the mobility ecosystem.
- Venture Factory’s service package for the winning team, encompassing 12 months of working space use and Venture Factory services for the winning team.
- Free tickets for the PODIM Conference 2019 for two members of the winning team.
- Fast-tracking the first three teams to the Innovation Weekend Start:up Maribor, which will take place between 16 and 18 November 2018 in Maribor. The innovation weekend is dedicated to connecting corporate partners with innovative teams and startup companies.
- Goody bag for all participants.
Hackathon > Innovation Weekend > Mobility Pioneers
The mobility hackathon serves as the pre-selection for participating at the Innovation Weekend Start:up Maribor
, which will take place between 16 and 18 November. The innovation weekend is a place for intense collaboration between startup teams and established companies with the purpose of finding possibilities for joint collaboration. At past innovation weekends, startup companies Equaleyes, U-centrix and Movalyse entered into concrete partnerships with bigger established companies from the region.
Who do we expect at the hackathon?
Breakthrough innovations are always a result of motivated multi-disciplinary teams, so we will choose at most 60 participants
from amongst everyone who applies. We expect active, knowledgeable and forward-thinking individuals and teams who realize that the only constant in the business life are changes and improvements.
All innovative individuals and teams from Slovenia can participate at the event, namely as physical persons.
Applications will be open until 16 October.
Registration is obligatory!
More information at: email@example.com
or at phone number +386 2 2294 270.
We expect applications from the following target groups:
- Innovative individuals: coders, designers and businesspeople who wish to innovate in the field of mobility and establish partnerships with active stakeholders of the business ecosystem;
- Startup teams that see themselves in the business model or wish to collaborate with active stakeholders of the business ecosystem
is carried out within the Start:up Maribor programme, supported by the Municipality of Maribor, in tight collaboration with Zavarovalnica Sava and other partners that contribute prizes and mentors.
Intellectual property of the products
The hackathon will take place according to the open innovation concept, where all the participants (attendees, mentors, organizers, partners …) contribute with their thoughts and ideas, whereby they share only the information that they think they can reveal without enforcing any demands toward third persons (if someone has a business secret and they share it at the weekend, it is considered that they revealed it voluntarily and have no right to make any claims from third persons). Organizers do not interfere with relationships within the team. Of course, by participating at the hackathon, every participant ensures and guarantees that their contribution is solely the result of original work and does not violate any proprietary or intellectual rights of any third clients.
Venture Factory organizes the hackathon mostly with the purpose of connecting active stakeholders in the ecosystem. Our goal is to create the highest possible number of connections and startups that will develop into various business collaborations.
Location and logistics
The Mobility Hackathon will take place between 21 and 21 October in the facilities of Venture Factory – the business incubator of the University of Maribor, which can be found on Ulica škofa Maksimilijana Držečnika 6 in Maribor. The organizers will make sure there’s enough food, refreshments and, of course, energy drinks :)
Friday, 19 October 2018
Registration and gathering participants
Warming up and presenting the event’s timeline & challenges in the field of mobility
Presenting the work method
Teamwork until midnight
Saturday, 20 October 2018
Warming up & keynote “Problem solution fit – first important milestone”
Networking with mentors
1:1 work with mentors
Teamwork until midnight
Sunday, 21 October 2018
The art of presenting ideas
Jury’s session and decision
Announcing the winners
Concluding the event and socialising
The organisers reserve the right to change the schedule depending on the final number of participants.
TOP-NOTCH mentor team
A TOP-NOTCH team of business and tech mentors will take care of support and help. Every team will be joined by one mentor, who will be their supporter. The mentor will advise the team, share their own experience and, if needed, connect the team with other mentors at the event.
The main coordinators of the mentor team at the innovation weekend are:
, cofounder and CEO of EqualEyes, whose team won the famous TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon in London. Luka will coordinate TOP-NOTCH tech and business mentors from the Slovenian startup ecosystem.
, Venture Factory team member, will make sure that the event is organized flawlessly and runs smoothly.
Mentorji, ki bodo sodelovali na vikendu:
- Matija Vrbovšek, Reveel
- Maša Judar, GenePlanet
- Luka Topolovec, EqualEyes
- Aljoša Huber, IntelPlan
- Muhamed Turkanović, FERI
- doc. dr. Aida Kamišalić Latifić, FERI
- doc. dr. Sašo Karakatič, FERI
- Uroš Orešič, KOLEKTOR labs
- Marjan Beltram, NOMAGO
- Anuška Beltram, NOMAGO
- Jure Janet, NOMAGO
- Klemen Koželj, COMTRADE
- Kristijan Perčič, Pošta Slovenije
- Mitja Štampfer, Pošta Slovenije
- Marko Humar, U-centrix
- Peter Mrđen, Zavarovalnica Sava
- Uroš Kermc, Petrol
- Nina Vodopivec, Petrol
- Peter Rinc, Inova IT
- Simon Himmelreich, Inova IT
- Sašo Sečnjak, Inova IT
- Nejc Lovrenčič, Inova IT
- Tine Matjašič, Inova IT
- Veronicca Ditrih, Inova IT
- Robert Sraka, Zavarovalnica Sava
- Andraž Logar, 3fs
- Mateja Verlič Brunčič, EqualEyes
- Ram Dušić Hren, IBM
- Sašo Zagoranski, Semantika
- Tim Potočnik, Eurosender
The expert jury will evaluate three aspects of developed solutions, namely:
- Tech aspect of the solution; solution’s content, innovative use of technologies, quality of the solution 50 points
- User experience of the solution; solution design, solution’s value for the user, market potential of the solution 30 points
- Personal pitch in front of the jury; clear and convincing presentation of the solution 20 points
The expert jury consists of esteemed experts and entrepreneurs who will also be available to you for quality feedback regarding your solutions and pitchers.
Organizers and partners
The innovation weekend is organized within the Start:up Maribor
programme, where the main partner is Venture Factory, the business incubator of the University of Maribor, supported by the Municipality of Maribor.
Strategic partner of Venture Factory and central partner of the Mobility Hackathon
is Zavarovalnica Sava
, which today represents a strong element of the regional economy and community as such. Zavarovalnica Sava wishes to further strengthen its role, namely with active developmental and innovation activity, which they wish to carry out in tight collaboration with active ecosystem stakeholders. Zavarovalnica Sava is contributing the prizes and mentors for the innovation weekend.
Company Večer is, already traditionally, standing by our side as the media partner of the entire Start:up Maribor programme and a strong supporter of talents and startup companies. Radio Maribor is as well, covering entrepreneurial topics on radio waves.
19 to 21 October 2018
Venture Factory, Ulica škofa Maksimilijana Držečnika 6, 2000 Maribor
Start:up Maribor Facebook page
Venture Factory Facebook page